This blog is about a wide range of topics, their common denominator being simply that I'm interested in them. My aim is to relieve my friends of my constant lecturing about such things as e.g. Chess, Football, Languages or Scandinavian Music ...

I appreciate readers' comments, no matter whether they are in English or German or any other language I'm finding myself able to understand.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Late Night Special

I have already threatened to do this in my blog descriptions and now I'm going to put my money where my mouth is: I'm posting a video of Saturday's performance where I'm singing in Swedish...

Again the question "Why?" is lurking but this time the answer is rather easy. Kent are simply a very good band but almost all of their lyrics are in Swedish. Their current album Röd has been recorded in Berlin, however, and I've already seen reviews of it in German newspapers. I guess it's just a matter of time now until their current single will be aired on MTV - with one caveat: you'll probably have to stay up late until stuff like Rockzone comes by.

The song Sundance Kid is the first song I've ever heard of them, and it is still one of my favourites, which is why it got incorporated into our repertoire.

I actually wanted to post the genuine article here as well, but unfortunately the song is no longer available on YouTube because of royalty issues. So you'll have to stick with our interpretation for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment